Started Nov 1, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Images by Kipper
Regular MemberPosts: 116Gear list
Like?
Voting - Why Not ! ! !
Nov 1, 2011

1) In every situation where I have voted (to date - 832 since 6th March 2011). I have viewed every entry in full screen.

2) Next I view each image in the Lightbox capable views. This allows me to view each image with any comments attached [mostly informative], to the picture, check out the EXIF information (just to see if I could have done this particular shot under the constraints shown) and to vote. Remember I viewed all the entries in full screen.

3) Now log out and come back into the Challenge and review my votes, just to be sure and not underscore an earlier entrant based on my voting.

4) Now do a Final review of the adjusted votes and await the outcome.

5) I now review each entry after the Challenge results and determine how my votes corrosponded to the actual votes in the final outcome of the Challenge. Sometimes I am bewildered, other times, fairly close to the norm. To me this is important because occasionally there are comments accompanying buried entries that I agree with. Check out the #4 place in the 'Lonely Highways' Challenge. I sent a private e-mail to this entrant and now wish I had posted it on the image. This is what all of us rookies, inept, incompetant, less than real image takers need. A word of encouragement for having less than #1.

6) Finally Challenges with more than 100 entries are out of my honest focus range. So Hosts, keep the Challenges at 100 or under. By the way the whole date time line issue sucks as each Challenge is posted 7, yes SEVEN days before it is open for submissions. Get real, late commers placing their entries right before the end at the last minute, just to check out the competition!

Finished and I will not comment on the 'Tamron Prize Challenge: Travel and Nature' farce.

Cheers all for now - Kipper

Images by Kipper's gear list:Images by Kipper's gear list
Tamron SP AF 200-500mm F/5-6.3 Di LD (IF)
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow