Do some people not realize the X10 is a point and shoot ??

Started Oct 31, 2011 | Discussions thread
HDaRt
Regular MemberPosts: 298
Like?
Re: advanced compacts can challenge photgraphic abilities
In reply to andrew_uk, Nov 1, 2011

Nicely illustrated point. There are times of which this may be one, wherein I seek the challenge of using a camera like the X10 to push my photography further.

When I look back over nearly ten years with digital cameras, some of my personal best captures were taken with a Nikon Coolpix 5700 5mp camera.

The x10 appears to be more capable to other advanced compacts I have used and I may own one shortly to give it try.

andrew_uk wrote:

I concur; its an appeal to elitism of the most boring and patronising kind. People are not so thick that they will buy this camera and think they are going to catch a flying bullet in pin-sharp clarity but this 'is what it is', 'ok for the web' betrays an unpleasant 'what do the little people expect?' tedium.

Almost a decade ago I was shooting freelance for an advertising/PR agency, mostly with film, but I submitted a few assignments for a very well known prestige German car manufacturer with my first digital camera, a Minilta 7hi, shot in raw at ISO 100 and with the noise reduced in post production. They were very happy with the results and whilst due to the slow nature of the camera it was limited in use, it was capable of taking very good photographs.

I have little doubt I will be able to take great images with the X10 when I can get hold of one.

-- hide signature --

HDaRt

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow