Do some people not realize the X10 is a point and shoot ??

Started Oct 31, 2011 | Discussions thread
noobdprseller
Regular MemberPosts: 437Gear list
Like?
X10 focus integrity
In reply to millsart, Nov 1, 2011

millsart wrote:

Thats just is though, you can clearly read the shop signs and also the shoppers clothing details are sharp etc. That means we've got enough DoF to go from where they are walking to the shops across the mall, so how do you know how well the camera was focusing ?

While Im sure its decent for what it is I highly doubt it would work for fast action or sports.

I've taken a Panasonic Gh2 with me to a few football games I was covering just to try it out, and its rather good for CDAF, but failed miserably for shooting action, just couldn't remotely keep up.

You would have to try X10 for yourself in the field.
Given its quite a bit smaller sensor than GH2, X10 cdaf will be faster.

:

I know how well X10 was focusing because i had quite a few duds before i realised i should be using face detect.

X10s focus integrity (how well it focuses) was impressive, accuracy of clothing coolur, skin tones. wb in difficult mall lighting was impressive.

-- hide signature --

HCB "Photography has not changed since its origin except in its technical aspects, which for me are not important."

noobdprseller's gear list:noobdprseller's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix 4800 Zoom Sigma DP1 Samsung TL500 Olympus PEN E-P1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow