Do some people not realize the X10 is a point and shoot ??

Started Oct 31, 2011 | Discussions thread
Arn
Arn
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,456Gear list
Like?
Re: I suppose small sensor compact would be more correct, you are right
In reply to millsart, Nov 1, 2011

millsart wrote:

I use the term p&s, not in its operation, though it certainly will largely be used for more casual quick shooting overall I'd say, though thats neither here nor there.

You are right the correct term is probably small sensor compact, though I think largely when one says p&s most know the type of camera, and more so, the type of performance to expect.

But it's still definitely not a p&s and shouldn't be called so.

Its a stylish, funcuntional, perhaps slight step up from a LX5, G12 etc and thats it.

Yes. It is silly to compare a camera like this to cameras with APS-C sensors like some do.

Just kinda crazy and silly to take a "small sensor compact" and pixel peep over resolution, noise etc.

No, it's not. I believe that small sensor compacts can do wonderful things and I always try to get the best compact camera that I can. And I definitely peep their pixels, too.

If you care about those things to that extend, go for a NEX5n etc. Tons of great choices if IQ is that important.

Yurgh. The NEX-5n would be the worse choise in probably every way except image quality at higher ISO's. The X10 can be operated like a camera.

-- hide signature --
 Arn's gear list:Arn's gear list
Sony RX100 II Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D Samsung NX20 Sony Alpha 7 +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow