Do some people not realize the X10 is a point and shoot ??

Started Oct 31, 2011 | Discussions thread
millsart
Senior MemberPosts: 2,771
Like?
Those look very inconclusive to me, plus AF + Panning ??
In reply to noobdprseller, Nov 1, 2011

If your panning with a subject moving across the image plane, and the subject is moving in a straight line right ahead, theres no change in subject to camera distance that would really require any AF.

As a sports photographer I cover some motorsports events and often will do a slow shutter pan as the cars or bikes go around the track and I don't ever need to focus for that. I focus once to get the given distance needed and then don't touch the AF button again.

Likewise, with the people walking towards you, the change in subject distance per time is pretty slow, and given the rather deep DoF of the camera, you could very well lock focus, and since the subject is moving pretty slow, and the DoF is deep, you could easily get 7-10 frames off before the subject would be out of the DoF.

I'd try shooting something like cars on a residential street moving at a slower speed, people on bikes, runners etc coming towards you, zoomed to 112mm and with the faster subject to camera changing rate, and shallower DoF, see how well it can work in that type of true test of AF tracking ability.

noobdprseller wrote:

http://s1038.photobucket.com/albums/a465/having_anicetime/Fujifilm%20X10/Fujifilm%20X10%20FOCUS%20TRACKING/?albumview=slideshow

Here is the link again. Only approx 1min.
I was panning & X10 was tracking.

-- hide signature --

HCB "Photography has not changed since its origin except in its technical aspects, which for me are not important."

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow