Do some people not realize the X10 is a point and shoot ??

Started Oct 31, 2011 | Discussions thread
Dave Chilvers
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,177Gear list
Like?
Re: Do some people not realize the X10 is a point and shoot ??
In reply to millsart, Nov 1, 2011

millsart wrote:

I've really confused by some of the threads and comments I've been seeing regradig the X10.

Do some people not realize this is a point and shoot camera and think its going to replace their Leica, DSLR, X100, m4/3 gear etc ??

All these complaints about noise levels, lack of resolution etc. Its a small sensor point and shoot, what do people expect ??

Its "bigger" 2/3 sensor is really only about 10% or so bigger than than of the LX5, G12 and all the other premium compact.

Thats not going to make a huge difference in performance, nor DoF. Its still a small sensor and isn't going to come close to even APS-C, nor should anyone expect it to.

All this camera is is a very cool retro styled point and shoot with some really nice ergonomic direct controls, good (for a p&s) image quality, and a pretty nice fast zoom and an OVF thats usable, but nothing better than sticking an external finder on a LX5 or other cameras, aside from that it zooms, which is cool.

Thats is, its not going to replace a Leica, or be a poor man's Leica, or even a poor man X100 or any other camera.

All its going to be is a fun little point and shoot that handles really well and can take pictures that are good for a point and shoot.

Not going to a low light machine, not going to be a pro wedding shooters camera, not going to produce fine art 20X30" prints etc.

Its going to do the same roles you'd carry a G12, LX5, P7000 etc for, but with a bit more style and a nice interface.

I think its awesome for what it is, I handled one, loved it and have mine on order, but lets just have some sense of perspective here folks.

Remember, its just a point and shoot, treat it like one and you'll be happy. Think its going to allow you to sell off all your other gear, have a better sensor than a NEX5n or K5 etc is just silly.

Oh No!!! You mean the X10 won't take pictures like my 5dmk2???? I think I'll cancel my pre-order:-)

-- hide signature --

I feel so much better now that I've given up Hope

http://www.pbase.com/davechilvers

Dave Chilvers's gear list:Dave Chilvers's gear list
Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow