Started Nov 1, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
David Henneman
Regular MemberPosts: 164
Like?
Time for new computer I5 vs I7
Nov 1, 2011

Its time to upgrade to cs5 from cs3. I'm told my old intel core 2 6400 2.13 ghz with 2gb RAM won't handle run CS5 adequately.

True?

What difference would it make if I went with a windows machine with Intel I5 with 8gb ram vs an I7 with the same ram?

I know image handling speed would be better with the I7. How about download speed from the CF card?

Also concerned for future applications. Is the I7 really overkill for photoshop work?

Will I be disappointed with a max of 8gb ram as is the capacity for the I5 units?

I may upgrade from the Canon 50d (15 megapixel) dslr to a 5d Mk2 or a Nikon d700 (both full frame) next spring.

Thanks a million for your responses. I imagine this topic has probably been beat to death on these forums but finding it is like a needle in a haystack.
--

The tolerance and understanding necessary to heal must come from each and every one of us, arising out of our everyday conduct until decency reaches a flood tide.
— Muhammad Ali

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow