Do some people not realize the X10 is a point and shoot ??

Started Oct 31, 2011 | Discussions thread
Daniel Lauring
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,220
Like?
Re: Do some people not realize the X10 far exceeds the capability they need?
In reply to rattymouse, Nov 1, 2011

Needing more focal range is certainly a reason to select a different camera. I was referring to image quality, vs. focal range. Obviously for birders, the X10 is completely inadequate.

I hesitate with this next comment, but it is a pet peeve of mine since coming back to this forum.

People need to stop being mean spirited in their replies and leave the comments related to specifics of the argument, and not resort to backhanded insults or name calling. A proper, polite response would be to say something like, "Don't forget the people that need more or less focal length than 28-112mm. Surely, that is more than .01% of the photographing public." That argues to the objective data, without implying that the original poster should be embarrassed for his gross misstatement.

A little civility goes a long way on forums. Once people start getting nasty things go downhill fast which is exactly what I'm seeing here at dpreview.

rattymouse wrote:

Daniel Lauring wrote:

Back to the X10. Is it the highest resolving camera? No. Can it take pictures in lower light than any other camera? No. But, is it more than adequate for 99.99% of the photography most people will do. H_ll YES!

So only 0.01% of people need more than 112mm of focal length or less than 28mm's?

I'd be embarrassed to write something like that.
--

http://fujifilmimages.aminus3.com/

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow