ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nickvango
Regular MemberPosts: 160Gear list
Like?
Pocket wizard TT1 AND TT5 with Fuji S5pro
Nov 1, 2011

Hi folks,

I am in desperate need of help regarding the use of the TT1 transmitter and FlexTT5 tranceiver with my Fuji S5 pro body.

I bought the Nikon Version of Pocket wizard TT1 and FlexTT5. I have 5 Camera bodies .
Nikon D700, NIKON D2xs, Nikon D200 and 2-Fuji S5pro's .

When i place the TT1 on the Camera Hotshoe of D700 and D2xs and the FlexTT5 on a SB800 in TTL Mode, everything works just fine, with both cameras, giving great flash exposures in normal sync speeds and HSS(FP).

But when i place my TT1 on my FujiS5Pro , i can only get correct HSS(FP) exposures with shutters speeds higher than 1/400th sec and CANNOT get "Normal "sync flash exposures . Any shutterspeeds below 1/400th sec is black even 1/30th and so on, this was not happening with the two Nikons above. Now the Fuji S5pro is a Nikon body camera, (Its actually a Nikon D2oo body, which Pocketwizard says is compatable with the TT1 & TT5) Yet when i tried the TT1 on my D200 i could not even get 'ANY' flash exposures normal or HSS(FP).

What i find ironic , is on the website list of cameras which is not compatable with the TT1 and TT5 -isThe Nikon D2Xs, yet, i am getting great flash exposures up to 1/8000th sec with the D2xs and the D200 which is a compatable camera wont give me any flash shots.

Ive been doing tests, resetting to default, updated the firmware, and am at my wits end.

If anybody has these Pocketwizards and if you are using wth a Fuji S5Pro with success i would love to hear of any possible solutions to my problem,
Cheers
nickvango
http://www.pbase.com/nvphotography
http://www.modelmayhem.com/nvphotography

nickvango's gear list:nickvango's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Nikon D2Xs Nikon D700 Nikon D3X +9 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow