Do some people not realize the X10 is a point and shoot ??

Started Oct 31, 2011 | Discussions thread
Peter Nelson
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,890
Like?
Older Leica D-Lux 2, 8mp camera
In reply to millsart, Oct 31, 2011

The IQ at ISO 80 comming out of my 5 year old 8mp Leica D-Lux 2 is very good. Good enough for 13" x 19" Landscapes. The colors are very good! Eight Million Mega-Pixels is a lot of detail so this camera is usefull in different styles of photography.

However the shot to shot speed is slow compared to these newer generation p&s cameras. So my Leica D-Lux 2 is acceptable but slow. This new X10 is a lot faster and with better IQ I would say. So what's not to like?

Well it is a lot bigger, and that is significant as far as pocketability. If I get the X10 I am thinking it could fit in my pants pocket as does my Canon G10. The D-Lux 2 fit's in ANY pocket in all my clothes. But I still think the X10 can be carried everyday with no problems in the pants pocket, or jacket pocket.

My opinion on pixel-peepers is this X10 was not designed to stand up against the very best digital camera that money can afford. So do not compare them on that level. It is however without question good enough in IQ for excellent casual photography. That's something I think we can all appreciate and be thankfull about. -Peter
--
Life as an artist has had some unusual times to say the least.
visit my web site http://www.flickr.com/photos/artist_eyes/
Remember to click on 'All Sizes' for better viewing.
Artist Eyes

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow