Do some people not realize the X10 is a point and shoot ??

Started Oct 31, 2011 | Discussions thread
Jon Schick
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,305Gear list
Like?
Re: Do some people not realize the X10 is a point and shoot ??
In reply to millsart, Oct 31, 2011

I agree - although to be honest I think that most decent photographers can coax decent images out of most half-decent cameras nowadays, even those which are "only" a point and shoot.

Sure, the X10 is not going to be capable of stunning poster-size prints, and images may look grotty at 100% viewing size too. But for viewing on the web (which is probably what most people do with their images), printing at sizes most of us can afford, or making into photobooks and the like, it ought to be quite capable in all but the more demanding circumstances.

Clearly you're never going to be able to control depth of field like a larger sensor camera, and there's a limit to what you can expect with noise too - but other than that, it should be reasonably capable. And in terms of noise, my first impressions are that it is rather better than my Olympus E-1 SLR - which was perfectly adequate for many professionals only a few years ago - times and standards move on....

-- hide signature --
 Jon Schick's gear list:Jon Schick's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Olympus E-1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 14-140mm F4-5.8 OIS +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow