Started Oct 31, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
frans_vdm
Regular MemberPosts: 125
Like?
Shutter lag PEN-PL3.
Oct 31, 2011

To measure the shutter lag , I built a measuring device. The pre-focus time can also be set. Via the shift speed of the leds, I can adjust the measuring range. There is also a waiting period foresee before the LEDs begin to shift.

The camera is connected via the wired remote cable. The unit start via a buotton and drive the camera half-press and fullpress signals. The taken picture show the shutter lag and the openings time. Longer openings time show more leds because there is more shift time. The shift time by led can by set between 1 and 100ms. Normal I use the high resolution of 1ms/led. An extra wait shift time can be added to fall into the correct shutter lag range.

So I have tested the PEN-PL3 camera into his fastest (shortest ) shutter lag. I had purchased this camera with the hope that the shutter was only 10 ms. I had read that 10ms on a website. But these data are not reliable. The real shutter lag is around 70 ms.
Here is a picture of the measurement:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotoopa_hs/6298472593/

I'm still looking for that 10 ms to reach but do not find a solution. I need a short shutter lag to capture in-flight insects as I take now over years but now in 3D with 2 PEN-PL3 cameras.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow