Gear Review - S100

Started Oct 26, 2011 | Discussions thread
redsquare
Forum MemberPosts: 79
Like?
Re: I agree - this review is not an accurate reflection of the camera.
In reply to FJG3, Oct 31, 2011

Yes, it's good to remember that the S95 and S100 are both terrific cameras. Having used a friend's S95, if I had that I doubt I'd get an S100.

But for my purposes, the wider 24mm lens has made a big difference in what I can shoot. I didn't think it would make as big a difference as it has. Outdoor shots are more expansive, and indoor shots (and video) take in much more of rooms and groups of people. I'm shooting in new ways, and really enjoying the results.

I know a lot of people here express little concern for video, but for me it's a high priority. For me, this camera needs to be able to switch from taking a nice, artistic nature shot to capturing a 2 1/2-year-old's antics on video in a heartbeat. The dedicated video button, 30fps at 720p, and 24mm all help capture those moments in a pleasing way.

And of course, low light performance has been excellent.

All of this isn't to say that anyone needs to buy the S100. But depending on your needs & priorities, it can be either a negligible upgrade or a significant one.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow