Any one know if Samy's has a good return policy?

Started Oct 30, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jymmeh88
Regular MemberPosts: 168
Like?
Any one know if Samy's has a good return policy?
Oct 30, 2011

Hi all, I just recently mad a lens purchase from Samy's. It came a few days later no problems, but it came with just the box and item like they have them in certain display areas. It was not wrapped in plastic or anything and the Samy's does not specify this was an open box or used item. So I figure it should be fine. I did a simple eye test and did not see much in bad lighting. I used it and the results are fine and as expect of how the lens should perform.

A little bit later I used a light on the lens. Turns out the interior of the lens has heavy dusting like it was well used and repackaged up. There is also a small white speck inside the lens besides the small dust buildup. Trying to look further in, it sort of looks like it is an early spec of dust turning into fungus.

I got it for a fairly good price so I am wondering if it makes sense for me to ask for a another item or just keep it and hope the lens does not ever get worse than it is already. It really is a microscopic piece, but one you can see under the light. Samy's does not really state it is new or used, so I assume it is new since their open box items are marked as such. But obviously I do not believe this is a totally new lens.

Can anyone with experience with Samy's chime in and let me know if they have a return policy of any sort? I have been looking at their website and there is no mention of it. They have a phone line I can call for matters like these I guess but I am hoping someone can let me know what it is first.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow