Started Oct 30, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Heie
Contributing MemberPosts: 525Gear list
Like?
Happy Halloween! (almost)
Oct 30, 2011

I found some spiders under a bridge last night when walking around. And by some, I mean a web that was about 6 feet long and inhabited by over 50 spiders. How flies still manage to get stuck in it is beyond me - there are so many it looked like paper mache it was so thick in places. This shot was with the spider about 1 inch (2.5cm) from the front of my lens, and is NOT a crop! If I had a tripod, I would have been able to focus a bit more exactly - this was the best balance I was able to strike between leaning against the web lined wall and not elbowing another spider/unknowingly colliding with one with my head

I understand the shadows are extremely heavy....but I kinda like it that way

-Heie
--

I'm a 23 year old lieutenant serving as a platoon leader in the US Army that has an extremely voracious appetite for backpacking and adventure. I am also finally feeding my passion for photography while working on the fluency of my two languages other than English: Spanish and Arabic, and now picking up some broken German as I live in the Fatherland.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alexjansenphotography

Heie's gear list:Heie's gear list
Pentax K-7 Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Pentax smc D-FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow