Started Oct 30, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
abacab1975
Forum MemberPosts: 79Gear list
Like?
What Digital Camera Pentax Q Review
Oct 30, 2011

A luke warm review of the Pentax Q by What Digital Camera can be found at the attached link.

http://www.whatdigitalcamera.com/equipment/reviews/microsystemcameras/129196/1/pentax-q-review.html

I think some people are making a direct comparison with CSC and I feel this is somewhat wide of the mark, the Pentax Q is what it is, a compact interchangeable lens camera that has all the manual controls and filters you are likely to need, by the nature of the design its not going to produce mind blowing bokeh. (I also have a Sony NEX5 and this camera also has the blur control on it to assist)

Have had the Pentax Q over a week now and have to say I'm very happy and pleased with it. Yes it has its limitations and at first look the sensor was disappointing but actually using one is a joy and the images that are possible with the camera are impressive. I want to enjoy my photography and do not want to spend hours over analysing images. I use a Nikon D300s which is my workhorse and for out and about photos I will be using the Pentax Q. So for me it ticks all the boxes.

abacab1975's gear list:abacab1975's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Fujifilm FinePix F11 Zoom Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS1 Fujifilm FinePix F300EXR Fujifilm FinePix X100 +17 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow