Started Oct 30, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
slphoto
Forum MemberPosts: 55
Like?
S100 battery life
Oct 30, 2011

I just did a test on the battery life of the S100. Last night, after I picked it up from Best Buy, I was playing around with the camera and the battery did not last too long. So I charged the battery and left it in the charger overnight.

I've got the camera set up so that the GPS is on (but the logger is off), the IS is set to continuous and Powered IS is on, and it is saving as JPG.

I just took 200 consecutive photos (with no flash), and the battery was still showing 3 bars. Then I checked the SD card, and it was only slight warm. (I saw someone else here say their SD card got very hot after taking some shots.)

Then I recorded a bunch of 1 minute 1080p videos. I ended up recording 29 one minute 1080p videos, and only stopped because my 8GB SD card was out of space. The battery indicator was down to one bar and flashing, but had been flashing for about 10 minutes, and still wasn't empty yet. By then the camera was getting fairly warm, and the SD card was pretty warm too, understandably. But then I turned the camera back on, and the battery indicator was back to 2 bars.

In my novice opinion, the S100 battery life is really good! It's also nice to know that the camera can still keep going for a long time after the battery indicator starts flashing. My Canon A650 dies pretty quickly once the battery indicator starts flashing.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow