ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
stevelatinner
Regular MemberPosts: 138
Like?
D300 focus screen
Oct 29, 2011

Hello,

I have a question for owners of the D300/s SLR.

I do not like the appearance of the 51 superimposed focus brackets (Black AF rectangles), is it possible to turn these off? As far as I can tell, these are usually physically etched on to the focus screen and are always present (at least in my Canons). Replacing it with a custom screen from katzeye optics should remove their presence.

However I am intrigued by this statement in the DPR review:

The image below isn't designed to be representative of a typical view through the viewfinder but instead shows the position of all possible information including all 51 AF points, battery status overlay and optional grid lines. All information is displayed using an LCD overlay, rather than being etched into the focusing screen so the numerous focus points are completely invisible until one is selected.

The 51 points are displayed via an LCD overlay? What does it exactly mean by completely invisible until one is selected? You do not see 51 black boxes when looking through the viewfinder?

Thank you for clearing up the confusion.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow