ACLU Sues LA County Sheriffs Dept for Harassing Photographers

Started Oct 28, 2011 | Discussions thread
tyoung
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,375Gear list
Like?
Re: ACLU Sues LA County Sheriffs Dept for Harassing Photographers
In reply to Heie, Oct 28, 2011

Heie wrote:

I can't help but be pleasantly surprised (anything more would overestimating the American populace) that you seem unable to differentiate between the bold and italicized portions. They do not share a correlation in the least. A rich example of irony
if I ever saw one.

I would (barely) respect the ACLU if they admitted they were a bunch of publicity stunt artists, but alas, they lack the integrity to do even that.

This irony exists only in your own little mind, based on your own bias regarding the ACLU. This case isn't about defending some butthurt happy snapper. Rather it's aimed directly at addressing the systematic infringement of first ammendment rights against both the press and the public at large by what could arguably be considered one of the most corrupt and self-serving sherrifs departments in the country.

What you or anybody else feels about the ACLU is entirely irrelevent. Whitmore might not think they have a valid case. Perhaps you don't either. It's going to court. The courts will decide

-- hide signature --

'Here, look at the monkey. Look at the silly monkey!'

Tom Young
http://www.pbase.com/tyoung/

tyoung's gear list:tyoung's gear list
Nikon D200
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow