Started Oct 27, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ugly1
Forum MemberPosts: 85Gear list
Like?
Help with Post-Process and a few other pointers
Oct 27, 2011

I took this pic a little while ago with my Canon 60D and Tokina 11-16mm f 2.8 lens.I used a circular polarizing filter, and the camera was on a tripod. I also used a cable shutter release. Image was shot in raw of course.(only shoot raw)

I have CS5 photoshop extended edition. I tried to fix CA there, but could not figure out how to do it! I looked online and all I could find was some guy selecting the purple pixels and then fixing them. Is that my only option here?

How do I sharpen and how much is enough? There is no profile for the Tokina in my photoshop; how do i correct lens distortion?

Also, since I'm just a beginner, I have to ask: Is this even a good photo? Is there any sense to the composition? What should I have done differently?

(I added the "Casper Dawson" to the bottom right in PS, but that was only thing edited...everything else is as shot. I had to convert the raw image to jpeg)

My wife wants me to take a good picture so that we can hang it on the wall...but I don't know that I can do that until I know what makes a good picture! I can tell when I see 1, but can't seem to make 1...at least for now.
Thank you for any help/advice...I really appreciate it.

(plz be nice, I REALLY do not know much about photography, but I hope to change that a little bit everyday...)
The Ugly1-

ugly1's gear list:ugly1's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF 28mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +1 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow