Started Oct 27, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mbc28
Regular MemberPosts: 123Gear list
Like?
Sony HX100V vs Canon SX40 vs Pany FZ50
Oct 27, 2011

All the different reviews on this Sony camera are coming out and its interesting going through some of them as I'm a big superzoom fan and have seen the image quality and features of these cameras improve in leaps and bounds every year or two as technology develops so I like to keep an eye on whats out there and update my camera every 2 to 3 years - but I've realized after reading quite a few of them (all generally pretty good for this camera) you need to try out the camera and judge for yourself - fell how it handles etc before you decide if its for you or not. All 3 the above cameras are going to give you excellent images for this class of camera and as much as the reviews should be noted - judge for yourself

Just had a look at another review that someone posted was up - Digital Camera Info where they had sample images and compared Sony HX100V to Pany FZ150 & Canon SX40 ...all these reviews are interesting but quite honestly its up to you how you want to read into them ... and sometimes you have to look at the images and not always believe what you read...

ie... in the "Digital Camera Info Review" they go on about the Sony excellent colour but the lack of sharpness to the other 2.... so I downloaded their sample pics at Base ISO to see what they were talking about and did a screen shot of the Pany(left) Sony (Centre) and Canon (right) all at 100% and to me the Sony looks as sharp if not sharper than the other 2.... see image and judge for yourself (to me the blue wool directly above the sweets in line with the white lid looks best and a bit more detailed on Sony) so cant figure out why the say the lack of sharpness to the others! on the other hand I find the Sony a bit heavy on the magenta side in these studio shots - and from experience find that in some instances the reds can be a bit heavy esp in Vivid mode - and yet they praise its accurate colour....

also incl a screenshot of Sony(left) and Canon(right) AT iso 800 and 1600

....as a HX100V user you can see my take on the camera in this forum DP reviews thread announcing their review - under the ..."thank you" header.
Marc

mbc28's gear list:mbc28's gear list
Sony RX100 II
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow