Hat Yai, Thailand. Pentax K-r with SMC Pentax A 50mm f1.7 C&C please

Started Oct 21, 2011 | Discussions thread
Ozfreebird
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
Re: Hat Yai, Thailand. Pentax K-r with SMC Pentax A 50mm f1.7 C&C please
In reply to Anirut J, Oct 27, 2011

Anirut J wrote:

I saw a German 50 mm 1.7 a few weeks ago in Bangkok. I don't remember the brand, but certainly not Leica or Zeiss. Not a familiar name. Don't know about the quality.

Anyhow, it's selling for 5,000 baht and comes with a Ricoh KR-5 III. Pretty good deal I think. But, as of now, I've got to save my money for the after-the-flood recovery. It's gonna be hectic.

I'll be evacuating Bangkok in about 7 hours after this post (it's 02:54 now).
--
R.I.P. -- Rejoice In Photography

Good luck with the flooding. My girlfriend and I were stuck upstairs in our house here in Hat Yai for two days when it flooded here at the end of October last year. It was not a fun time and I didn't even have a DSLR then! We had two meters of disgusting brown water sitting in the lounge and kitchen. Couldn't get out of the house!

Finding drinking water and food was very hard in the first week and because our water tank and pump were damaged we couldn't get water into the house pipes for 30 days. Having a shower consisted of throwing a bucket of water over one's self. I had to carry water into the house with buckets for the first 10 days after the flood. brought it in from neighbour's houses.

Still, we were lucky, we had an upstairs level to go to. Many of the houses near me were single level and those people had to sit on the roof of their house for the first day and night. At least we could carry our possessions upstairs. They had no where to go and lost everything! More than 10,000 cars went completely under during this flood.

My heart goes out to the people in Thailand at the moment. Many areas have been under water for one month now and they will be for another month.

take care with what you do and please let me know how you go.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow