Vacationing in Paris for 2 weeks, need advice on lenses to bring.

Started Oct 26, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
scubasteve03
Regular MemberPosts: 457Gear list
Like?
Vacationing in Paris for 2 weeks, need advice on lenses to bring.
Oct 26, 2011

As the title says, I am trying to figure out if it would be worth it to rent a fish eye lens for my 2 week vacation in Paris next week. I have never used a fisheye before, and I know there will be a learning curve shooting with it. I was thinking I could get some interesting shots of the Eiffel Tower with a fisheye on my 60d. I don't want to have to same stale, boring shots everyone else brings back from their Paris vacation.

Also, should I bring my tripod? It's a Manfrotto 190xProb with a 496RC ballhead, I think. That setup by itself probably weighs around 5 pounds at least.

My lenses so far with the 60d are, Canon 10-22mm, 17-55 2.8IS, 50 1.4, 100L 2.8 IS, Tamron 70-300 "new VC model", and my Canon 70-200 MK II. I know for a fact that the MKII is staying home due to it's weighs. Which lenses would you bring along with you for this trip? It will be just my wife and I, walking around Paris with no hurry or places to be.
So the questions are.

1. Fisheye or not?

2. Bring medium weight "compact tripod" Manfrotto 190XPROB 4lbs,
with Manfrotto 498RC2 Ball Head that weighs another 1.5 pounds. Or I could
use my 322RC2 ballhead as another option that weighs almost 3 lbs.

3 Which lenses to bring?

4. Thought about maybe a 18-200, but I think that would be too big of a sacrifice on IQ than I am willing to give up.

Thanks for taking your time to read this and respond.
Stephen

scubasteve03's gear list:scubasteve03's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow