Started Oct 26, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Tinke
Forum MemberPosts: 79
Like?
Canon EOS 5D
Oct 26, 2011

In the very near future I plan to make several equipment purchases. A Canon 24-70 f/2.8 lens is a virtual certainty and a Canon DSLR that will remain free of bulky accessories (such as battery grip) is a strong possibility.

I wish I'd bought a 5D Mark I when I had the chance. Money was a little tight when the last of the Mark I's were still available new, and it didn't get done.

I want a Canon DSLR (preferably full frame) that I can refrain from equipping with accessories which will serve as a relatively lightweight carry around camera for events like birthday parties and venues like the zoo.

It HAS to be a DSLR. It HAS to be a Canon EOS and it HAS to be a traditional still camera platform. Video's a 110% deal-killer right out of the gate. (PLEASE, let's not argue that point) I'd really like for it to be full frame, so I guess that we're talking about the EOS 5D MkI by default.

Are there any NIB examples still for sale out there? Or is that as mythical as the $48 'Jeep in a Crate'? Please note that I'm not quibbling about PRICE. I can either afford it or I can't. SUPPLY is my focus here.
--

If you can't say for sure how many cats you have without counting on your fingers and mumbling their names, you may have too many cats.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow