ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Lloyd709
Regular MemberPosts: 112
Like?
Hope they improve the screen on on 1DX
Oct 26, 2011

Just had a go with the 1DX. My comments

The screen shows the images a little soft making it difficult to tell weather they are sharp or not. I had my 5DII with me coincidently with the same lens as on the 1DX, a 16-35, and did a comparison even swapping the lens round and the images on the back of the 1DX looked soft. I'm guessing but I reckon it's more likely to do with the screen than the images (it sort of looked like a screen thing rather than actual soft images). The poor screen on the 1DsIII was one of the things that put me off this camera so it's not going to be the same with the 1DX!

On the very positive side, from what I could tell the focussing looks very promising - couldn't believe how well it locked onto areas of completely featureless black clothing worn by Canon staff behind the desk. Clearly real life tracking focus accuracy is something a bit different but there seems to be a lot of focusing power there.

Noise also looks amazing from the back of the camera. BUT it could be because the images shows on the back are being displayed slightly soft so possibly smudging the noise and making it look better than it is.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow