Started Oct 26, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DBCossini
Regular MemberPosts: 406Gear list
Like?
Got lens back from Canon Irvine.
Oct 26, 2011

Last sunday I dropped my 5D MKII with my EF24-70L lens attached, scratch the Camera body and I could tell the lens was not sharp, took my gear to Canon in Irvine, Ca. Turns out it was going to cost me $600 + to replace the top plate on my 5D (scratch & hairline crack on the aluminum) the tech looked my camera over nothing wrong with it except cosmetic on one corner near the strap lug, but lens not so lucky, $269 to fix my lens just got it back today! Man am I happy with it. They said "the lens assembly was loose the image was blurred. The lens assembly was replaced, checked all. Adjusted center/tilt/fron. back focus with body (not my body) turns out my lens looks very sharp wide open at all focal lenghts, but the zoom ring feels tight from 24 to about 30MM a bit to tight so back to Canon it goes, cant believe these nucklehead techs dont check this before shipping, or if they did check it, that they would feel it's good enoght to be sent back.

DBCossini's gear list:DBCossini's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 28mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +10 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow