How well do YOU see color?

Started Aug 9, 2009 | Discussions thread
PhotoArtKC
Senior MemberPosts: 1,585
Like?
Re: How well do YOU see color?
In reply to scorrpio, Oct 25, 2011

It's funny you mention that. If you have ever taken the "real" test in person (using the black caps with the colored dots in the center), it's quite a bit harder because you cannot place the colors as close together to make side-by-side comparisons easily. When I had taken the FM100 test in the past at the labs I've worked at, they also time you while you do it, which is added pressure. I also feel that the swatches on the real version of the test have less contrast between them making it that much harder to distinguish the colors.

It is an interesting test none the less.

scorrpio wrote:

Got a 0. It looked pretty obvious to me when swatches were out of sequence. After you arrange them, it helps to go through the row doing pair-by-pair swaps, It is rather apparent when a swap looks wrong...

-- hide signature --

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

My photography blog, Photoshop tips, color tips and more: http://www.ModifiedPhotoGraphics.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
zeroNew
BTWNew
199New
15.New
ZeroNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow