Buying NEX-5N with essential accessories, pitch your accessory recommendations please

Started Oct 25, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
alitech
Regular MemberPosts: 220
Like?
Buying NEX-5N with essential accessories, pitch your accessory recommendations please
Oct 25, 2011

I am a noob moving into the DSLR market and so far like the reviews of this camera the best. So far, what I have read, the camera is plagued with clicking noises in video recording. I will obviously away a fix for this before I go and purchase it. I am in the UK so not sure what Sony UK's take is on this. If Sony USA have acknowledged this, then so they the UK wing. I was just about to buy it here when I came accross a user review of the camera on Amazon.co.uk. I would never have found out otherwise.

Anyways, as I have decided to go for this, I want to compile a list of all the essentials accessories that I should buy with this camera.

So far I have (in no particular order):

1. Sony NEX5NDB Double Lens Kit (18-55mm and 16mm F2.8 Lenses)
2. Anti glare screen protector
3. LCD sunshade
4. HOYA 49mm Circular Polarizing Both Sides Coated Filter
5. Wireless IR Infrared Remote Control for Sony Alpha
6. Sony LCSEMB1A Alpha Body Case for NEX-5 Camera (bottom)
7. Sony LCSEML2A Alpha Case Snout (for E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS) for NEX (top)
8. Any cheap comfy shoulder strap
9. Sony ECM-SST1 external mic
10. Small gorillapod type tripod
11. Lense sun shield
12. Spare original battery
13. Eye-Fi Pro X2 SD Card with unlimited space option turned on
14. Sony VCL-ECU1.AE Ultra Wide Converter for E-Mount 16mm f2.8 Pancake Lens

Few "not sure's":

1. Hoya HD UV filter (maybe not required as I have the polariser)
2. Dont know which polariser filter to buy for the pancake lense, need the size

3. External flash, does it come with one or do I need to purchase the F20S External flash separately?

I can post some urls to these products if anyones interested but most of them will be from UK sources.

Also, is there any possibility in hell to use an external flash with bounce and swivel with this camera?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow