Upgrade from 350D, which body & lenses to go for?

Started Oct 25, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Serow
New MemberPosts: 11
Like?
Upgrade from 350D, which body & lenses to go for?
Oct 25, 2011

Hello,

I've had a 350D for some years now with the EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS which has been a handy travel lens. The body is pretty much outdated and the lens has its issues - so I'm looking to upgrade both body & lens and would appreciate some advise on what path to take.

For the body I'm currently looking at the 60D and the 7D. I probably won't use all functionalities on the 7D so maybe the 60D would suffice for my purposes - pretty much allround photography.

In terms of lenses I'd like to move towards a lens combo rather then the single travel lens - basically to get better quality pictures. I've read good things about the EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM and the EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM, so maybe that's a good combination to start with. I was also looking at the EF 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 DO IS USM as it has en extended range and is nice and compact, but I assume quality wise might not be at the same level as the 70-200. Also, I'm not sure if I should consider any non-Canon glass.

Any thoughts/suggestions would be great.
Thanks.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow