Started Oct 25, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lds2k
Forum MemberPosts: 83Gear list
Like?
Processors & Sensors
Oct 25, 2011

There’s a lot of discussion all over these forums about sensors, their size, pixels, etc. I’m starting to get that part of it. But, I don’t see very much talk about the processor engines that make this all work. Aside from additional function, it seems to me with so many cameras having the same sensor the only thing left to differentiate one brand from another, even one model form another is the processor that runs it all.

I’ve read in many places that the Oly P3 has the same sensor as the P2. I assume the newest model (P3) produces better IQ then the P2 else why would anyone buy it?

It’s common practice in the computer industry to tweak processor speeds and functions within the processor to separate models. I assume it’s the same for cameras. I’d like to hear more about camera processors.

I am more interested in the science then the art of photography.

I wasn’t sure where this discussion belongs so I put it here since I’m currently interested in MFTs.

lds2k's gear list:lds2k's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D +12 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow