Started Oct 24, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Brian Thomas
Contributing MemberPosts: 531
Like?
most sexist landscape on earth - photos
Oct 24, 2011

Hi. I hang out mostly in the Pentax DSLR forum, but I travel the world with a special interest in landscape photography and using the full potential of the computer to display my travel photography.

I've just started using Smugmug to show the unique short travel films made from still photographs, as well as travel books and photo essays.

However, since I can’t show films here, at the top of the page is a photo I just processed from a hike this summer in one of the most magical landscapes in the world - in the heart of Turkey, in Cappadocia. However, if you look at the essay you will see snow on the ground in a lot of the pictures. Those were taken in the winter of 2007 - 2008.

What you see above are homes -- ancient Christian hermit's homes -- for the stone here is so soft that they make not just homes, but churches, castles and (today) hotels by carving into it rather than by building.

This Cappadocia landscape was taken from a balloon and to take the whole balloon trip go here to the photo essay section:

http://www.pileofprints.com/PhotoEssays/

So it's grand opening week at my new photo galleries at PileofPrints.com There is in the Books section a marvelous book about taking pictures in India.

Soon there will be a free downloadable book there about the Temple Trees of Angkor Watt.

There is charming 1 minute overview of my trip around the world as "A Pile o Prints:

And just opening today, Berlin 9-11, a controversial 4 minute travelogue makes stunning use of the Ken Burns effect to make history come alive.

It's opening week at my new PileOfPrints.com photo gallery.

Brian Thomas
http://www.pileofprints.com

-- hide signature --
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow