Started Oct 24, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
StickBreitling
Regular MemberPosts: 175
Like?
The Ultra Compact FX kit
Oct 24, 2011

Having seen the form factor of a couple of the mirrorless cameras, I've been thinking how to put together an FX line up which consists of being as compact as possible whilst maximising performance.

I have a D700 and will not compromise on the body because I am very happy with the controls and sensor quality. I see no need to change this.

My current kit consists of a 28-200G which is very light and small. I also have the 50 f1.4 AFD

I've recently sold my 14-24 and 24-70 because they just sat in the cupboard. Whilst I have have less of an issue with the weight, I do mind the bulk because it really does get in the way when walking around. In the words of another photographer - they are the most exceptional lenses that I don't use.

The new 35 f1.4 AFS prime is looking tempting as replacement for the 50 f1.4 as I do find 50mm a little close for comfort sometimes. My 28-200 covers the wide/long ends of my shooting (which I tend not to stray too far into). I really like the sharpness 'bite' and contrast of the 24-70 that the new N coated lenses give.

I mostly shoot environmental portraits whilst travelling.

Any other suggested kits or lenses to consider?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow