Eyepiece

Started Oct 24, 2011 | Discussions thread
Vandyu
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,973Gear list
Like?
Re: Eyepiece
In reply to dgcohen61430, Oct 24, 2011

Agree 100% with your statement--"Personally I like a viewfinder and find the LCD pretty useless in sunlight."

The manufacturers have been selling people on the idea that an LCD makes photography so much easier. Perhaps it's because I grew up using a 35mm SLR, but I think today's photographers (mostly casual shooters) are being short changed by thinking that photos should be composed with one's arms stretched to the limit. The whole idea is silly. No vibration reduction system can replace a good tight stance.

At the same time, the manufacturers are compromising the quality and size of the viewfinders that they, so reluctantly, now place on camera bodies and have decided that if a photographer wants a quality viewfinder, he or she should be willing to pay extra--a lot extra--and take up the hot shoe slot in the process. Greed gallops on!
--

"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
(A.A. Milne)

Vandyu's gear list:Vandyu's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Nikon D80 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow