Disappointed with 60D... Thinking of getting 7D or Nikon D7000 (Help)

Started Oct 24, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jag61180
Junior MemberPosts: 45
Like?
Disappointed with 60D... Thinking of getting 7D or Nikon D7000 (Help)
Oct 24, 2011

My wife and I recently replaced my Nikon D3000 for the Canon 60D. We liked the D3000 but thought it was time to upgrade and used our anniversary as an excuse for the expense. I was leaning toward the D7000 but since we didn't have any accessories we weren't limited to only Nikon. We got a good deal through Dell.com and they only had 12mo. no interest on Canon.

After reading lots of reviews we decided to go with the Canon 60D with the 18-135 kit lens for $1150. Our other options were the Canon 7D with 28-135 USM kit lens for $1750 or the Nikon D7000 with 18-105 kit lens for $1399... the 18-200 vrII kit lens package was around $1800.

To say the least we are disappointed with the photos that we have taken over the past week. Mainly the colors just feel lacking in all categories. Our daughter has blue eyes and comparing the photos of her taken with the Nikon and the Canon is amazing the difference in the depth of blue. Is there something we are doing wrong? Would the Canon 7D be worth the $600 extra price tag & would it bring more color depth? Or should we just go with the Nikon D7000?

As far as kit lenses go, which package above comes with the best kit lens? I'm looking for a single purchase solution although it might look like there is not one....

Thx in advance!!!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow