Started Oct 23, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kscharf
Regular MemberPosts: 103
Like?
Olympus FL-36 on Lumix G3
Oct 23, 2011

In other threads it was mentioned that Olympus hot shoe flashes worked on Panasonic cameras, and indeed Panasonic shows on their website that the Olympus FL-36 is compatible with the G3 camera. Some have suggested that Panasonic actually makes the FL-36 for Olympus, and it is a rebranded version of the FL-360.

Based on this info I purchased a used FL-36 at a very good price from KEH. The flash does work with my G3 in that the unit shows the current focal length and ASA rating set by the camera and produces the correct exposure with the camera. I do have to make sure that the flash is in the "TTL Auto" mode, the flash won't do this by itself.

There is one function that does NOT work however, the flash does not fire the its auto focus lamp, the small light on the camera comes on instead. Does the Panasonic version of this unit have a working auto focus lamp on the flash? Is there a way to get the Olympus unit to work, or will it only do this when mounted on an Olympus camera? (Wonder about the other way around with a Panasonic flash on an Olympus camera?).

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow