Started Oct 23, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
xteapot
Forum MemberPosts: 56Gear list
Like?
Is really mode dial important?
Oct 23, 2011

I see a lot of people complaining about a lack of mode dial in Nikon V1/J1, is it really important? from my experience with several cameras (Nikon F4, F5, F100, D70, D200, D7000, Panasonic GF2, LX3) I don't see a lack of mode dial is a problem an actually I find mode dial on D70, D7000 and LX3 are to loose that I accidently rotate them many times. I really love F5, F100, and all pro Nikon DSLR mode button because it give me confident that the camera is always is the mode I use last time (F4 mode selector is very hard to turn so it's ok for me).

I never think mode dial is essential at all and that apply to Nikon V1/J1 too. Dual dial is way more important and yes Nikon should put dual dial to V1 (if not J1) to make it easier for DSLR user like me to use both DSLR and 1 system in the same time without having to change mind set every time I swap camera.

xteapot's gear list:xteapot's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow