Started Oct 23, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
UncleLJ
Contributing MemberPosts: 887Gear list
Like?
New(E5)foundland pictures
Oct 23, 2011

Here are a few teasers from our holiday to Newfoundland. All taken with the wonderful, new E5. Must say was happy to have it right from the beginning, the weather sealing was a big bonus, given some of the weather we had.

Also, a big thank you to Melanie at Henry's Camera in St. John's NL, who was instrumental in getting the new camera to me in only 3 days. Ordered from home in BC, from a store in Newfoundland, from a warehouse in Ontario, delivered to our Aunt and Uncle's place in St. John's...yes in only 3 days! Great service from Melanie and Henry's.

More will come, but working on getting the "holiday" picture requirements out of the way first.

First impressions, I love this camera. It is wonderful, and does everything I need, and then some.

Along the coast, out of Bay Bulls, on a sight seeing charter boat, unfortunately the whales and puffins had already left for the season.

Lighthouse out from Bay Bulls. Was at first not happy with this picture, a cloudy day, no detail in the clouds, however, recovered nicely (using LR3). Do not remember being able to recover that much detail with my 510 on a flat cloudy day.

The sun rising over the Atlantic, peeking through the entrance to St. John's Harbour.

Apologies, but being on holiday, I was not always in control of when I was taking pictures, so many are a mid-day, not the best light.
Hope you enjoy the pics. Comments always welcome.

-- hide signature --

Lawrence "Uncle LJ" Sauter
http://ljsauter.zenfolio.com/

UncleLJ's gear list:UncleLJ's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/4G ED VR
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow