Started Oct 23, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Skaarungen
Junior MemberPosts: 40Gear list
Like?
Little Grey Fergie - My very first stage photo attempts
Oct 23, 2011

Yesterday, I had the pleasure of taking my grandson to a childrens play at a local theatre. The play is about a small grey 1952 Ferfuson tractor :-):

From their website ( http://www.fantasi-fabrikken.no/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=40:littlgray&catid=10 ):

Little Grey Fergie is a wise little tractor, a living tractor, who can drive around by himself and who helps out around the farm as best he can without the others at the farm knowing, even though some of them might have a slight suspicion. /

I started off with the f2 50mm @ ISO 800:

Then later, wanting a little more flexibility, I changed to the f2,8-4 12-60mm @ ISO 1000:

All in all, I'd say the noise is quite well controlled.

My main challenge was the lighting at the far right of the scene, where the highlights always were clipped. To my naked eye, the light on that part of the stage didn't seem much different from the rest, but obviously it was:

BTW, these are all OOC jpegs.

Anyway, it was great fun for the all of us, and this evening I've made a DVD (Windows Live Movie Maker) with all the (keeper) pics and a couple of videos, accompanied with a soundtrack from their CD, to give to my grandson when he comes visiting us tomorrow, very rewarding on my part.

Have fun, and keep on shooting (despite the ongoing Olympus drama),

Harald

Skaarungen's gear list:Skaarungen's gear list
Olympus E-5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow