help fill in the blank/dark spots on a stitched pano...

Started Oct 22, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
CTR1
Contributing MemberPosts: 568Gear list
Like?
help fill in the blank/dark spots on a stitched pano...
Oct 22, 2011

So I stitched together two panorama shots with microsoft ICE and like usual(for me) I was left with some dark/blank spots where I wasn't able to get a picture because it was night time and there wasn't enough light for my Kx to take pictures, that would've filled in the dark spots.

So is there a program and/or PS CS5 method to fill in those blank/dark spots? I tried doing the content aware thing with CS5 as well as using the clone tool & spot healing tool. The 2 tools didn't look good after it was all filled up and the content aware feature didn't work because I wasn't able to select my pixels from the layer and then invert the selection to allow the content aware feature to do its job.

Lastly, I made a big mistake by accidentally deleting the pictures that made up the panorama shots... otherwise I could restitch the pano shots in CS5 then redo the content aware thing...

Thanks in advance for any useful ideas/hints.
--
-C41vin Tirr311-

-"Technology, can't live with it and can't live without it."-Yours Truly-

-With KX max shutter speed @ 1/6000th a second I can't be told, "No time for pictures."

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow