Started Oct 22, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jglaser757
Contributing MemberPosts: 656
Like?
Rebuttal to professional photographers
Oct 22, 2011

I am very appreciative to the professional photographers that have answered my questions in the past year or so..THANK YOU.

I just don't understand why so many seem to discourage newbies from venturing into the field? Why do they do this? Is it because they hate the profession? Do they think that it is a dying profession? Are they so arrogant that they think others wont be able to learn the skills necessary? I have encountered numerous posts discouraging us to venture into the profession because it is too "hard."

Maybe its arrogance on my part! I don't believe that because i was a dentist and always felt that anyone could be a dentist with the proper schooling and training
--
So, I want to know, why some professionals do that?

Cause, its not to difficult a career! Yes you have to know how to run a business! Thats easy! I had one for 15 years until i sold it! Running a business is not hard, it just takes a good plan. There are good days and bad days. You save for the bad ones! Earning a good living from a profession is relative to how much and hard you want to work.

IT might take time finding clients, but that happens in any business. And, I think every business finds this aspect to be the hardest.

Having the ability to take great photographs is not hard! Anybody can become a good photographer with the proper schooling and training.

Any thoughts? Am I off-base here!

thanks

Jon

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YepNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow