Started Oct 20, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
canllaith
Regular MemberPosts: 263Gear list
Like?
Voigtlander 40mm f1.4 & NEX5
Oct 20, 2011

Today I picked up the Voigtlander Nokton Classic 40mm f1.4 for my NEX-5. I am looking at some of the Voigtlander lenses to slowly replace my collection of older primes, as the M mount lenses are so tiny and portable.

I think it looks gorgeous on the camera. I don't think it will quite supplant my Takumar as the minimum focus distance of 0.7m makes close ups of say pretty flowers etc a little hard - but I might look at getting the 50mm f1.8 emount for that as it has a pretty short minimum focus distance but is a bit more multi purpose than the 30mm macro.

It's smooth as silk to focus, although focus peaking isn't sufficient at f1.4. This is a SOOC JPEG from the NEX-5 at default color settings - the color seems part of the 'classic' rendering and it's gorgeous. Many accuse this lens of harsh bokeh, but I quite like it

http://www.flickr.com/photos/canllaith/6262718288/in/photostream/

I am moving house today, so haven't managed to take many shots with it - but I love the glow it gives to mundane things, like my new picnic table. C&C welcome! Excuse the link to flickr - I am over my dpreview gallery upload limit for the month.

canllaith's gear list:canllaith's gear list
Sony RX100 Fujifilm X100S
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow