Started Oct 20, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jon404
Senior MemberPosts: 1,804
Like?
New $5.00 DSLR at CVS
Oct 20, 2011

It's a DSLR -- a Disposable Single Lens Recyclable. And it only costs $5.00 at CVS Pharmacy.

My wife has one. I peeled off the paper wrapper.

"My God! It looks just like a miniature Leica M9-P!"

No markings, so as not to call attention to the elevated status of the owner (but I added some in Xara Designer Pro, below, since we're 99 percenters). And what features! Full-frame 35mm film! A real optical viewfinder! 30mm lens! And, it's even smaller than my Olympus SZ-10... a SUPER pocket camera! And, seriously, with an advantage NO NEW DSLR HAS -- zero startup lag, zero autofocus lag. None! if the shutter's cocked, you literally just point and shoot." No distractions -- nothing to set, no focus lock, no aperture, shutter speed, or ISO to consider... just hold it with the comfortable handgrip, and press that shutter button. You don't even have to focus! Ever again!

Optical quality -- this little jewel's 5mm polycarbonate lens (Lexan to you) speaks for itself, delivering an image from end-to-end of its HUGE 35mm full-frame negative! A set of 4x6 prints is also about $5... and, you can scan the winners at 600 dpi or higher and then let Xara do the rest! How to get the most image quality out of this someday-collectible camera? Take pictures of things with texture. With different colors and shapes. No clear blue skies! So the viewer will never see any pesky silver nitrate grain blotches (aka 'noise'). And -- lucky you -- it defaults to Sunlight Mode! With an f/9 lens that's just perfect for those daytime shots...

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow