Started Oct 20, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Stangs55
Regular MemberPosts: 468
Like?
Color Management Help - New Meter, New ICM, New Issues
Oct 20, 2011

Long story short, we recently moved states. I lost my Spyder 3 in the process. I replaced it today with an X-Rite i1Display Pro. I also had to recently reformat my computer, so I now have a fresh install of Win 7 x64.

Installed and setup my new i1Display Pro today using their latest i1Profiler software and got some great results in Photoshop and Lightroom with my colors. But now, when I just double click the photos in Windows Explorer opening up Windows Photo Viewer, they are VERY dark. From what I remember about color management, Windows Photo Viewer is not color aware, so it may not read the ICM that was created...but I'm now seeing images that are WAY off instead of just a little different. I've pasted a screenshot below comparing the same image opened in PS CS5, Windows Photo Viewer, and Firefox. (Speaking of Firefox, I set my gfx.color_management.mode to 1, so why is the color still different from Photoshop? Any help there as well?)

The monitor I'm using is a Dell 3008WFP, which is a wide gamut monitor...and I've read that there can be problems with these and color management. However, the i1Display Pro can calibrate these without issue. I've calibrated it with i1Profiler set to both Normal and Wide Gamut...it didn't help. The monitor was calibrated with the preset value to 'Custom'.

HELP!

-- hide signature --
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow