igb
igb
Senior MemberPosts: 2,637
Like?
Re: Good post - not
In reply to Chato, Oct 19, 2011

Chato wrote:

Michebo wrote:

A straight person may choose to live as a gay and may be very disgusted and unhappy. My understanding is that there are not that many situations where this happens or happened (possibly some artistic people may find this an interesting exploration or maybe in ancient Greece)

In Ancient Greece, they really woldn't know what we are talking about....

It simply wouldn't occur to them. This discussion, and I mean ALL of this discussion would be pure gibberish.

That is why the kid, rizk et al are all sides of the same proverbial (and multidimensional) ignorant and lame coin.

As hinted before, sexuality and sexual orientation are objects of knowledge/technologies of power since very recently.

That is not an arcane knowledge but rather widespread (like big bang or evolution theory). So it takes quite a Christian fundamentalist to decide to ignore it and go trolling decent forums.

I thought that this sort of bigotry was quite localized in just some segments of the US. Apparently, it's the world English speaking middle class.

Maybe you are right and Koch brothers are something to fear.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow