Just got A77 + Sigma 8-16 (problem)

Started Oct 19, 2011 | Discussions thread
6132expd
Regular MemberPosts: 190
Like?
Re: Just got A77 + Sigma 8-16 (problem)
In reply to holyfan, Oct 19, 2011

I guess each store can do whatever they want... but none of my stores around me does that. There would be no business for them if they made everyone pay $60 to test a lens. Was it a small mom & pop's store?

holyfan wrote:

Yes I do need help, that is experience. I am a new buyer in DSLR so I bought everything the clerk said, in regards to a new lens afer testing would have become second hand product. Thus they would lose at least 10% of the cost if I do not make the purchase. I am ashamed of myself and regret it big time and definitely learned my lesson. Thanks to all who gave me great advice!

holyfan wrote:

wow I really appreciate your input. I've tested the lens on A65 (1.03 firmware also) and it is the same. hunts back and forth when the focus distance changes. I would love to send it in for a repair but I bought an imported version from Japan, so it would take a month... I am thinking maybe just pay the store $60 USD as a penalty and return it....this is sad..... The lens does lock on focus after few seconds of hunting though. (sometimes it does lock focus without the hunt if don't change the distance by much).

Thanks again for yoru help!

lhkjacky wrote:

I set the AF to Zone,
I tried to shoot difference part of my room,
3~4 feet or 6~8 feet objects
It all focus less than 1second

Have you tried your lens on other DSLR?
Does it behave the same?

-- hide signature --

SONY a350 DSLR-A350
SONY a77 SLT-A77
SONY Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* DT 16-80mm F3.5-4.5 SAL-1680CZ
SONY DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM SAL-1650
SONY 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM SAL-70300G
Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC
Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM
Sony VG-C77AM
Sony HVL-58AM GN 58 External Flash
Sony HVLF42AM GN 42 External Flash
B+W 62mm CLEAR UV HAZE MRC (010M)
B+W 72mm XS-PRO Digital MRC Nano 010M UV Haze Filter

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow