ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mackitten
Regular MemberPosts: 129
Like?
1100D/T3 adequate for beginner?
Oct 19, 2011

Hello Folks!

My brother asked me a week or so ago to recommend a DLSR for him. He has never had anything but a point and shoot but him and his lady decided they want to learn a littler more about photography and taking pictures in Manual Modes.

I myself after years of playing consider myself also learning but getting a bit better as I practice. After years with my 300D, it is no longer working so I have been using my LX5 while I save up for I think the 60d.

I was going to recommend the T2i or the T3i for my brother but then he told me he wanted to only spend $400. OK I told him he was nuts and should think about spending more and gave him this site to read reviews etc.

I then got a email from buy.com today with this

http://www.buy.com/prod/canon-eos-rebel-t3-digital-slr-camera-kit-w-canon-ef-s-18-55mm-is-lens/221906675.html?listingid=143427169

And was wondering maybe this is ok for for him to start learning on. I am going to try to read some reviews on it but was wondering what anyone else had to say about this camera for someone who doesnt want to spend too much and has zero experience so far int he SLR world?

Thanks for you advice experience and opinions

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow