Started Oct 19, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
puresimple
Forum MemberPosts: 53Gear list
Like?
Nikon 1 as a step up from compact cam
Oct 19, 2011

Hi all, I've been following this forum for several days now reading about IQ, comparing it to other cams. What puzzles me is that most comparisons are done to bigger sensor cams and not to the smaller compact camera sensors.

As Nikon clearly states with the launch of the 1 system is that they see it as a step up form compact cams which to me is completely logical. At the moment I work with a full frame dslr and several primes and a lx3 as my 'go everywhere' camera. Ever since the introduction of the 3/4 systems I have testend several of these cams seeking an upgrade for my lx3. Better iq in a compact camera. The thing holding me back all this time was schutter noise. The lx3 is used for jazz photography and complete silent operation a must (for me).

And there is the Nikon 1 system with possible complete silent operation, compact camera body (J1 especially) and lenses and better iq (as far as I can see), finally.

So, how are you looking at the 1 system from a compact (upgrade) point of view?

-- hide signature --

... come as you are ...

puresimple's gear list:puresimple's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS20 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow