Started Oct 19, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
murfthesurf
Contributing MemberPosts: 570Gear list
Like?
Leather skinned E-PM1
Oct 19, 2011

After seeing DRabbit's pictures of her black leather skinned silver E-PM1, I decided to try to do something similar to my black E-PM1 with Franiec grip.

I emailed CameraLeather.com to ask about availability of their Indian Red Kid Skin, but have yet to hear back. So I went to my local Hobby Lobby and found this 12"x12" hide for $10. I think it's stamped lizard skin, but it looks like football pig skin to me. I also bought a roll of 3M double stick poster tape for $6.

Once I got home, I made some templates, and cut out the leather. I didn't do a very good job cutting on this first attempt, but I have enough skin to do several more. At first, I thought the leather was going to be too think and look odd, but I actually like the thickness. It does make it harder to cut cleanly though.

Here are some pics:

-- hide signature --

• Murf

murfthesurf's gear list:murfthesurf's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN +1 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow