Started Oct 18, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Trollmann
Senior MemberPosts: 1,125
Like?
A700 and ghosting (serious inquery)
Oct 18, 2011

Hello - now that you lucky ones have received your wonderful A77s, I simply wonder how well this camera works for astrophotography.

I have enclosed a picture of the open star cluster Pleiades taken with my A55 and the CZ 135 mm lens at f/4.5 to clarify things - and I have marked some of the ghost images. Note that this picture is streched far more than any ordinary image would be, and for ordinary work the ghosting is usually a non issue . I use my A55 a lot for terrestial night photography and the light points are usually big enough to hide any trace of ghosting. But astrophotography is a bit different...

I would like to see a short exposure of a bright star or a planet like Jupiter (bright point light sources show ghosting most effeciently). To make ghosts visible, a sharp lens is needed - and the image must be well focused and correctly exposed.

Can anyone help me - is the A77 up to astrophotography?

NOTE: I do NOT intend this to be an out of proportion ghost image discussion. I simply want a plain and fair answer to my question. And once more, I have absolutely no problems with ghosting except when doing astrophotography!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow