Are you sending in your Nex 5n for click repair?

Started Sep 29, 2011 | Discussions thread
Maxpilot
Forum MemberPosts: 61
Like?
Re: No...
In reply to Slynky, Oct 18, 2011

Slynky wrote:

...(applying a "gain/lose" assessment) given how I shoot video, the (seemingly) "band-aid" solution from Sony, and the chances that in disassembling/re-assembling my camera something might affect its accuracy (calibration), I will just take the "hit" on my purchase.

I guess I need to make a decision if I want to be an early adopter on the NEX 7 now...
--

A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including my life".

(...from the generation that still uses capital letters and punctuation...)

I don't think Sony is applying a "band-aid" fix. Mine came back and Sony indicated that a part was replaced with either a "refurbished" or new part. It was most likely a new part since the 5N has not been out long enough to have refurbished parts. Replacing a part does not sound like a band-aid fix. Sony calls it an performance enhancement, so I am assuming they may have bit the bullet and replaced a part with a better and most likely more expensive part. My 5N works perfectly after the fix. I would recommend that you get yours fixed.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow